Association Cup Inter-School Scrabble Tournament 2018
Date: 14 July 2018 (Sat)
Time: 09:30 – 17:30, Registration starts at 09:00
Venue: School Hall, PLK WWCWD Fung Lee Pui Yiu Primary School
11 Kwun Tsing Road, So Kwun Wat, Tuen Mun
- Primary Category: Primary 3-6 students
- Junior Secondary Category: Secondary 1-3 students
- Senior Secondary Category: Secondary 4-6 students
A secondary school can send at most one junior form member to join the Senior Secondary Category only if they have fewer than 3 senior secondary students joining the senior team. Students from primary schools are not allowed to join any Secondary categories.
- HKSPA School Members can send 1 to 5 players per category to the tournament. It is free to join HKSPA School Membership: Download application form
- All other schools in Hong Kong can send 1 to 3 players per category to the tournament.
- HKSPA Individual members studying in a school in Hong Kong can enroll without using their school quota.
Regardless of whether school quota is used or not, the maximum number of players allowed per school per category is 8. Students from the same school (either using their school quota or as an individual member of the Association) should apply together via the School Application form.
There will also be a quota on the total number of applicants. Application will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
To compete for school prizes in a category, a school must have at least 3 players competing in the category. When calculating school ranking and awards, only the top 3 players from each school per category will be counted.
25 minutes per player, 5 points unsubstantiated challenge penalty, WESPA rules version 3
Dictionary: Collins Official Scrabble Words 2015 (CSW15)
Rounds: 5 games
Round 1: Random Draw
Round 2 to 4: Australian Swiss Draw
Round 5: KOTH
Players from the same school will not play against each other in the first 4 rounds.
For each category
(for schools with at least 3 players)
|Top 3 schools – Trophies
Best Player from a School – medals
|Individual Titles||Top 5 Individual finishers – medals
High Word – medal
High Game – medal
Bingo Machine – medal
Please fill in the online application form via HKSPA Tournament Application System on or before
22 June 2018 26 June 2018. Application is accepted on a school-basis only.
Change of players:
- Schools are allowed to change players before the deadline of application at no cost. Please note down the reference code after submitting the application, visit this page and type your reference code. Please follow the on-screen instruction on changing players.
- Subject to the organisers’ discretion, schools will be allowed to change players after the deadline but before 7 July 2018 (one week before the tournament). $50 administrative charge will be charged per name changed to cover the administrative cost and printing cost incurred.
- Schools are normally not allowed to change the players after 7 July 2018.
The venue is kindly sponsored by PLK WWCWD Fung Lee Pui Yiu Primary School.