- Winner: Daniel LAU (Tsz Wan Shan Catholic Primary School)
- 1st runner-up: Kingsly KANG (Lok Wah Catholic Primary School)
- 2st runner-up: LEUNG Hoi Yi (CCC Mong Man Wai College)
- 4th place: YEUNG Kit Hoi (HKMLC Ming Tao Primary School)
- 5th place: LAM Hei Miu (CCC Mong Man Wai College)
- 6th place: Benaiah NG Chun Wai (CCC Kei Yuen College)
- 7th place: HO Fai Yeung (SKH Tsang Shiu Tim Secondary School)
- 8th place: Sky PANG (Tsz Wan Shan Catholic Primary School)
Full rankings and round-by-round results are available on Event Coverage Website.
22 Jan 2019:
Reminder for Participants is now available. Players please read the reminder before attending the tournament.
21 Jan 2019:
Event Coverage Website is now available.
Players who would like to receive their pairings via mobile phone may subscribe to notification. iOS users will need to install Telegram in advance. For details, please visit the event coverage website.
Date: 26 January 2019 (Sat)
Time: 13:00 - 17:00, Registration starts at 12:45.
Venue: HKMLC Ming Tao Primary School, 7 Choi Ming Street, Tseung Kwan O
Entry Fee: Free
Eligibility: All Primary and Junior Secondary (S1-S3) novices. “Novices” refer to all players except the following players:
- Players who have participated in at least one oversea tournament
- The winners (1st – 8th) of the Joint-School Scrabble Tournament for Novices (2017-18) (List)
- The top 10 players in any division of the Association Cup 2018 (List)
- Players who have played more than or equal to 30 games in HKSPA-rated or HKSPA-recognised tournaments, including rated or non-rated games
All players MUST compete in all the 3 games.
- 25 minutes per player, Free Challenge, WESPA rules version 3
- 3 Rounds, first round random draw, Round 2 and Round 3 Australian Swiss
- Players from the same school will not play against each other
- The official dictionary is Collins Official Scrabble Words 2015 (CSW15)
- Two- and three-letter word lists will be provided during all games. Players are allowed to refer to it but they are not allowed to write on it. They cannot bring in their own word list too.
- Medals for top 8 players
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation
- The number of players for each school is limited to 10 for application on School Basis.
- There will be a limit on the total number of players who can participate in the event. In case the quota is full, applications will be accepted on the following sequence:
- Player who is an HKSPA Individual Member
- The school that the player is studying is an HKSPA School Member
- On a first-come-first-served basis
How to enter: Application can be made on a School Basis or Individual Basis. Please fill in the online application form via HKSPA Tournament Application System on or before 14 January 2018.
Change of players:
- Schools are allowed to change players before the deadline of application at no cost. Please note down the reference code after submitting the application, visit this page and type your reference code. Please follow the on-screen instruction on changing players.
- Subject to the organisers’ discretion, schools will be allowed to change players after the deadline. $50 administrative charge will be charged per name changed to cover the administrative cost and printing cost incurred. Schools are normally not allowed to change the players within one week before the tournament.